Thursday, August 12, 2010

The lake of DREAMS

hurry home

I hurry to bed

I hurry to sleep

Hurry hurry hurry

To dream of you on satin silk clouds

in shades of white and pink and red

your cake layered gown

virgin white petticoat pink and scarlet red

layers to slice and segregate

on the table of desire

as I take only the crumb petals that fall

carelessly from your hand

to sustain me on my self imposed exile

marooned on my own isle of loneliness

I gaze on your image reflected on the still waters

Of the lake of dreams

The soft breeze flexes your face

As you smile at me

Pout at me

Scowl at me

And just then and now

A little tongue

Scampers mouse like

Over the ripples of your lips

Something to try and catch

Me the cat with sunglasses

Seeking your soul in silent sunlight

For a touch of tongues leads to the ingestion of saliva

Your seed growing in me

As surely as mine

Do you dream of me

As I dream of you

Am I hero or criminal

For stealing your love

Is my photo near your heart

Or is my head impaled on the spike of the gate

Leading to nightmare

Beside that black road I travel

Stepping gingerly around the holes in my dream

Where I might fall to reality

A piece of the scarlet red of your gown

Nailed to the door of an anteroom in my mind

Your body on my rack

As we share the torture

Of living apart

Prisoners in the arms of others

Meeting only in dreams

The memory from the physical realm

Fading with each passing year

The forgotten scars

The forgotten contours of our bodies

Fade as memories turn to dust

Dust forming deserts shifting and changing

As in my dreams I search for you

And find only vague lumps and clumps

Where once your body lay

You in your rainbow cake dress

Tempting me to break my vows of celibacy

I am wedded to normality

And from there the red devil in the night

Scorns me for my temerity

Berates me for entering the place of dreams

Fully clothed and without desire

Desire desire

Desire of you kept high up in the house of dreams

Somewhere our children will never reach

As you and I walk the years

From far behind us the rhythmic patter of little feet

Grows louder and louder until they are but a faint rumble

Far away in distant dreams

Since there the fantasies from our pasts and futures are played out

Walk with me to this hidden place

Where the tinges of red and black denote anarchy

Let us abandon our individuality

And become as one joined in totality

Let us float off into the moonrise

From which there is no escape

Except down into the whirlpool of mediocrity

Or becalmed in a mundane existence

Oh the tangy taste of dreams so bright in my brain

Carry me through the colourless day

So I may walk once again in the grandeur of your hue

And lick the taste of colour from your fingers

As I hurry to meet you in the lake of dreams

Whence we all were bornREalize

No comments:

Post a Comment